Centre for Research, Protection, and Advancement of LGBTQIA+ Community is an independent research centre established to work for the upliftment of the LGBTQIA+ community through policy-centered research and discussions. This student-run initiative is the brainchild of a few undergraduate law students who wish to start a dialogue in this direction and work towards an inclusive future.
We aim to bridge the gap between the policies for the LGBTQIA+ community and the community itself through our intensive multidisciplinary research. The centre also aspires to connect the community with the two distinct dots of research and activism through its threefold approach of research, advocacy, and outreach.
What We Are Looking For
Research Members; Positions available- 8
CARPAL is looking for –
- Bright, enthusiastic, & creative individuals, who wish to contribute to research in the field of LGBTQIA+ Issues and Rights, to join its Research Teamon a long-term basis.
- Individuals who are capable of and interested in, both primary and secondary research, and have some experience in the same.
- Individuals who acknowledge the discrimination and exclusion faced by the LGBTQIA+ Community in various facets of their lives, and who wish to help in its elimination through policy-centered research and outreach.
- The primary duties of individuals who join our Research Team will include working on periodic research projects with other members of the team and generating and curating content for our magazine.
Application Process and Guidelines
- The Applicant is required to send in their Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- The Applicant is also required to frame and send in One Research Questionfor the topic given below. The Research Question is to be necessarily supplemented with an abstract which justifies or explains the research question or the reason it was posed, in 600-800 words.
- The Research Question should ideally highlight or seek to address a particular research gap in the topic. That is, the answer to it should add value or contribute to the existing body of literature. This exercise would enable us to identify the researching skills and capabilities of the applicant.
- Kindly mail both the documents on or before 27thSeptember 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – Application for Research Team.
- Personal Interview (details will be forwarded after clearing “Round I”).
Topic for Research Question – Anti- Social Boycott Legislations or Policies
Note – In spite of various landmark Supreme Court Judgements, the LGBTQIA+ Community still face societal discrimination and exclusion. Strong anti-social boycott legislations and active policy positions specifically employed for the protection as well as seamless integration of the members of the community are much needed, the absence of which, adds to their social exclusion. The concept of such legislations is not a novel concept in India. The State of Maharashtra has passed the ‘Maharashtra Protection of People from Social Boycott (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2016’ in this regard.
Tenure & Perks
Ideally, we are looking for individuals who can join our organisation for at least two research projects (approximately 8-10 months). This period can be extended according to our requirements and the individual’s commitment to this cause.
The perks of joining us include –
- Certificate of Membership (subject to completion of the term).
- The chance to be involved in substantial research work, aimed at bringing about some change, with due credit.
- To connect with the community.
- The chance to work towards an inclusive tomorrow!
For more details, visit us at – www.carpal.co.in
For any queries, contact us at
Email – email@example.com