- Virtual event over google meet on 26th to 27th September, 2020 at 4 – 6 pm.
- Distinct sessions and separate registration options, with certificates for all registrants
- Expert-talk(webinar) by speakers, adv. Anuj Chaturvedi and Adv.[dr.] Amit George
- Master class and drafting workshop by Adv. Karam Pratap Singh
- RTI application and Appeal drafting contest
[fact sheet to be released post workshop , mailed back by 31st sept, and result to be declared by 12 Oct]
- Early – bird registrations offers
- Multiple perks for top performers , including internships at CASC [Delhi based thinktank] and Sakar Society [Regd.ngo]
- Support to noble cause by registration fee donations to NGO- associate for this event.
Legitimate Scrutiny and Lawgystix, online platforms for mentoring budding lawyers and aspiring judges, are commemorating 28 September, 2020 (globally observed as the ‘Right to Know’ Day) and 12 October, 2020 (‘RTI formation’ day in few Indian states) by holding a first-of-its-kind virtual event on the theme of:
‘RTI and Democratic Governance in India – The complete picture’
Three independent events over google meet are to be conducted:-
- Expert talk with question and answer on 26 September 2020 (Saturday) at 4 to 6 pm.
- Master-class and drafting workshop on 27September 2020 (Sunday), at 4 to 6 pm.
- RTI application and appeal drafting contest on 27 September (post-workshop).
Competition results are to be announced on 12 October, 2020. All registrants shall be mailed separate or consolidated certificates for single/multiple events attended.
Till 15 September, 2020 – RS.150 for single event.
- 250 for all three events
Post 15 September, 2020 – RS. 200 for single event.
- 350 for all three events
PERKS FOR TOP 10 PERFORMERS
- 1 month internship as a student volunteer with the regd.NGO, Sakar Society
- 10%-concession on a fee for publication in Burnished Law Journal
- 15% off on registration-fee of the next event by Legitimate Scrutiny or Lawgistix, whichever is held earlier
- 20% off on any currently existing program offered by Lawgistix.
- Top 3 rankers shall be additionally entitled to 4 weeks online internship at the new Delhi based thinktank, CASC(centre for accountability and systemic change).
NOBLE CAUSE SUPPORTED
50% of the event registration fee collected shall go as donation to Sakar society, our NGO in collaboration for this event.
OUR INTERNSHIP PARTNERS FOR THIS EVENT
- Sakar Society For Differently Abled Persons
- Centre for Accountability and Systemic Change (CASC)
26th September, 2020, Saturday – A TALK WITH INDUSTRY EXPERTS
(4-6pm over Google Meet)
- Session 1-4 to 4:45 pm
Speaker: Adv. Anuj Chaturvedi
Advocate Anuj Chaturvedi (LLM, Delhi University) practices before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, High Court of Delhi and the Ld. trial courts and Fora in New Delhi.
He is the ADDL. Standing Counsel for SDMC and also represents other bodies like North DMCC, DUSIB, DDA and DSIIDC. Adept at handling criminal litigations too Adv.Chaturvedi has had an eclectic experience in defending state matters as well, wherein RTIs are often used by contesting parties to substantiate their claims and strengthen their case.
- Session 2- 4:45 to 5:30 pm
Speaker: Adv. [Dr.] Amit George
Dr. Amit George practices as an advocate before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, High Court of Delhi and various statutory tribunals, along with having acted as an arbitrator in many matters. He is also an academician at heart and is author of the book titled “Minority Rights in a Cosmopolitan World.”
Dr. George is a law graduate from NALSAR, LLM (merit) degree holder from the University of London, and has been conferred PHD in law by NLUD in 2015.
A lawyer with high degree of societal sensitivity, he has always supported causes to promote public accountability and transparency for achieving democratic governance in the country.
- Conclusion with Q and A and vote of thanks from 5:30 pm to 6 pm
27th September, 2020, Sunday – MASTER CLASS AND DRAFTING WORKSHOP
(4-6 pm over Google Meet)
RTI APPLICATION AND APPEAL DRAFTING CONTEST:
Release of fact sheet: 6pm (post-workshop)
Submission by 11:59 pm, 30th September, 2020
Session facilitator and trainer – Adv. Karam Pratap Singh
Adv Karam Pratap Singh practices before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and High Court of Himachal Pradesh and specialises in matter involving penal statutes, constitutional interpretations, cyber law, and ADR rules. Adv. Singh is also an avid social worker and RTI activist, striving to regularly contribute towards societal welfare by fighting against various injustices.
Session moderator for both days – Adv. Apoorva Thakur
Adv. Apoorva Thakur is a NET- qualified legal practitioner having 7 years of varied PQE, presently handling litigation advisory at Manish Kumar and Associates, a New Delhi based law firm. She has formerly served as a part of faculty at CLC (Delhi University) and HILSR, (Jamia Hamdard). Ms. Thakur is also the concept head at Lawgistix and advisor at Kartavyam trust, a regd ngo.